Sunday, September 18, 2011

Violence is for Barbarians

The title for this blog comes from a Tweet I posted at approximately 3:00 AM Thursday.

The previous day, I had attended my graduate seminar and during the break, the topic turned to the IRA somehow. My professor who is British, told those of us in the room that the IRA bombed his hometown once and killed two little kids and described the IRA as barbarians. I’ve covered the topic before on the blog, but this point needs to be hammered home.


There are a great many levels on which terrorism is beyond the grasp of the rational mind and this one of them. Two little kids? How exactly does that forward your goal? What act of British domination did they commit? I can’t voice my contempt for barbaric actions like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment