Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Democratic Alien Theory

Some of my friends are frankly surprised at some of the views I express on this blog because I’m a Democrat. For some people, its’ as if I’ve splashed down from another planet or the spaceship in Roswell. The reality is that I like small towns more than big cities and count many Republicans among my friends. It is my greatest hope that this allows me to understand a broad range of positions. None of my friends are zealots or whack jobs. And for my part, I’m not a New Deal Liberal Democrat. The reality is that there aren’t just two political parties rather two parties with millions of different combination of belief sets. You’ll never see me bend down to kiss a politicians backside or beat the drum for two largely disinteresting political parties. If this makes me an alien than call E.T. cause I need to phone home.

No comments:

Post a Comment