Sunday, February 5, 2012

Newt Gingrich: The Tea Party Choice?

I’ve been off-blog for a few days, but still wanted to comment on some of the goings on down in Florida.

 Newt Gingrich was endorsed by Herman Cain down in Florida and Sarah Palin compared him favorably to Mitt Romney. It looks like major forces in the Tea Party are trying to rally around Newt Gingrich, and I’m not exactly sure why Gingrich holds such an appeal to some Tea Party favorites.

Forgive me for perhaps understating the Tea Party platform, but I thought the premise behind the Tea Party was that Washington D.C. was broken and needed fixing?

Apparently, some key figures within the Tea Party believe that the best way to fix Washington is to make a twenty year Washington insider…the President?

 How does that advance the interests of the Tea Party? I mean, sure Gingrich has inventive ideas, but how does he propose to get them through Congress?

No comments:

Post a Comment