Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An RVC Farewell ?

We all places that stamp our lives. Mine is Rock Valley College in my hometown of Rockford Illinois. Many of my adult memories, joys, and sadness has occurred in those hallways over the last six years. From 2005’s less than stellar debut as a Mass Communication major to my latest visit just a few hours ago that ended with me standing outside Classroom Building I pondering the state of my life, there have been many more good days than bad. As I remember all the good with the bad, I realized that there comes a time in every person’s life when they have to let go and stop holding on to what once was, if their ever going to discover what might be.

That is why with a conflicted heart and mind, I have decided that as much as I love the old community college, there comes a point when you just have to say goodbye and realize that your time great as it was needs to come to end before I’m branded a nostalgic freak who is hopelessly stuck in a past, that I can’t recreate. With tear stained eyes and a myriad of second thoughts, I announce my intention to “let go” It’s time to grow up and accept that it’s okay to move on, even if I don’t know what I’m growing up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment