Friday, May 18, 2012

Whatever I say

I’ve been thinking a lot as I ponder whether I want graduate school as part of my future. To that end, this question keeps popping up in my mind “What would I want people to say about me”?

Not just on some letter that could help me get into grad school, but life in general. I pondered and decided that I wanted to be known as a person who cares about people. That’s why I pray for people I’ve never met because they mean something to people I care about.

That’s what and who I want to be. I’m not going to apologize for saying things that most friends won’t say. If I believe it in my heart, its’ probably going to come out either of my mouth or a post on this blog, my Facebook, or Twitter.

 I’ve had too many years of self-censorship and avoiding fights because people were more rhetorically gifted or could intimidate me into silence. Those days are dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment