Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Perils of Being Human

I wish there was no war and that every person could live in peace on this place we call Earth. It breaks my heart that some children in Africa know nothing but war, or die of diseases that we in the West consider preventable. It tears me apart that people are still considered a property to be bought and sold for labor or sexual services throughout many parts of the world. In some countries, people are murdered and clubbed because they desire freedom from the tyrants who oppress them. I wish I had a superpower that could just end it all so no one could ever be touched by a tyrants boot or brutal hand or would have to suffer the pain of disease, but alas, I’m just one man who wonders when their will be peace in the Middle East or the last person will ever be treated like a slave. These are the perils of being human, caring too much about things that feel bigger than the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment